Monday, November 7, 2016

Freckles, Drugs and: *Parabéns, BUBBA!!!!! (Birthday Shoutout to Bubs:18 finally!)


First things first: 

Happy Birthday to Bubba this week! I'm so sorry I missed it. Just know that I was celebrating your birthday from Brasil and that I was aware all day. (*I hope Mom didn't forget to give you my gift.) Love you lots! (*Rest assured, I remembered.)

Man. This week. There's so much to say. It's been a super hard week. It's been such an amazing times. Best of times, worst of times, yeah. It's real.

I have a (not-so) secret admirer, Elder Moura, who told me, in a very elegant nonLove Letter, that he thinks I'm gonna kill it in Brasil because I don't have an American accent. Haha. 

Me and SB are so so so focused on the work, but don't worry, we're still having a ton of fun. Usually.

I get so many compliments on my sardas (freckles). They're not common in Brasil. Luckily, people think they're beautiful and don't think they look like a disease, like *Grandma Dayley did when she was young. :)  (*Grandma tells stories of not loving her freckles when she was a kid.)

Some of the troubles I have been having include things that I need to change and a lot of things that I'm learning about myself and companionships. Companionships aren't hard though. We are a BOMB companionship. Some days, she sings SO LOUD in the shower and everywhere. It's awesome. I love those days. SB is super awesome. One particular day this week, we were having a good day (I think it was yesterday? The days are long and hard to keep track of!) We gave this lesson about the Word of Wisdom and it was the LITERAL best lesson I think I ever have given. We didn't forget anything, there was a good amount of discussion between us and Nielly, we had perfect answers for all of her questions because the Spirit was so strong, and in the end she agreed to live the word of wisdom. Man. In the provo MTC, they told us that our companionship matters to lessons. I didn~t believe it much because we still gave decent lessons on days that we were ehh (*tbh, many days) but when I see how well we work together on really good days, it makes me way more motivated to be more understanding and make an even greater effort towards our companionship. I would really appreciate some prayers though because I still have 3 weeks left. :>)   (*TBH= to be honest)

Elder Ostler rapped the entire song, curses and slurs discluded, of *Rap God this week in class. Yep. 
(*FYI- it's a reallllly long rap song by Eminem, with not much of note to say. )

If you thought Utah weather was bipolar, come to São Paulo. It can literally rain 6 separate times in one day. Sometimes I don't super feel like running for the entire time of Actividade Física so I'll lay down on the bench and just watch the clouds. They ZIP by. I swear I can see 3 separate black clouds go by. Some days are really hot. Some days are really cold. I love it here!

The food here continues to be great. Dessert is always gelatinous. Usually it's good. There's a lot of meat, beans, and rice, and bread. They always put something in the water. Like fruit slices, or rosemary or something. *Idk why. I have been having some serious stomach issues and other discomforts this week. Luckily, the drugs here are awesome because the laws aren't as strict. I heard that the highest dosage of one pill that you can have of Tylenol in the states is 500 or something but here it's 700. Anyway, the meds here are super great. (*IDK= I don't know)

My zone is super awesome. Elders Chowen, Sackett, Ostler, Welling. Teachers are Irmão Peres and Irmã Andrade. We're going to get Açai with Irma Andrade at 3:30 (in 10 minutes). I'm so excited! Anyway, my 45 minutes are up so they're kicking me out. They have quite a system for emailing. 

This week I memorized Alma 32:21 and Mosiah 3:19 and John 3:16. Actually, just read all of Alma 32. And 2 Nephi 31. I have started reading the book of mormon in portuguese. I know about 90% of the words now. It's pretty awesome. Love you all so much! I'm feeling the prayers every day! I miss you all so much. :)

Andy, thanks for your letter! I was so happy to get it. I miss you so much too! I am definitely having a wonderful time at the MTC. I'm so excited for when you get to come here too! I LOVE YOU! It's so nice to hear that you learned that lesson at Sister Nielson's about how we can pray to God for help. That is sooooo true. There are so many blessing we can get when we are obedient. Don't forget to pray to Heavenly Father every day for help! I know He loves you, almost as much as me ;) (Just kidding, a lot more than me). Be good for Mom and Dad! Love you!

I love you all!! Don't forget to remember that God loves you and that the church is super true!!

*Bubba, be a good 18 year old. Love you!  (*Don't y'all love getting a special shout out from the sis?? Maybe it depends on the message, hehe. Of course she did get you a not-to-be-topped gift and told Andy God loved him more than her. And she's 2000 miles away. She can say what she wants.)


-Sister Hartman

Me in my new digs in Brasil. (Thanks, Santanas for my flag!!)

Outside the CTM: Sao Paulo, Brasil
Me with Pres. Paulo R. Grahl and Sister Zuleika M. Grahl



Sao Paulo at night- so beautiful

Elders just chillin.

Opened a gift sent in the suitcase!

No comments:

Post a Comment